Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Front Brakes: the Final Chapter

Let me say this up front.  EMPI brake conversions should be avoided unless you're willing to suffer great pain and agony!!  These kits are flawed and have been since 2005 and no one at EMPI really seems to care, let alone the other internet businesses that sell this garbage!!

When we last left our happy builder, he was pissed that the rotors wouldn't seat right.  Here's why!
(Special thanks to Dan McMillan from Bradley GT.com for posting these pictures.)
So I managed to find an out of work machinist in Ellensburg, WA who turned these rotors for a case of beer!  Awesome guy, you just don't see charity like that these days.  Maybe he was swayed by my story of woe, or perhaps he was happy to have something to do.  Either way, I have rotors that should work and a new friend!

I couldn't wait to get these home and slap them on "Big Red" (nickname for my Bradley).  It took very little time since I spent hours doing it over and over trying to figure out what the @#$% was wrong with them in the first place.

Now, they work great.  I just hope anyone that decides to buy EMPI front disc brake conversions will do a little research before they dive in.  Or better yet how about the the internet companies post some directions and technical help for these kits on their sites? 

No comments:

Post a Comment