Monday, April 4, 2011

EV Wiring Part II

I got busy this weekend and worked on getting the quick disconnects installed in the middle console.
This what the console looks like upside down.  To install these BRBs or Big Red Buttons you have to take off the big red buttons.  Hmmm..... they don't come off with a screw driver, they don't pop off, lookie there - there's a hole in the metal stem that goes up the middle.  Stick a nail in there and now the big red buttons actually screw off!  Drill some holes then in it goes.
Now the cables go from the back to the front and back to the rear.  Now I can break the pack up into three sections and only have the possibility of getting shocked by 60 volts instead of 156 volts!  I also cut a 2 inch hole in the firewall for the cables to go through,  I used 2 inch PVC pipe connectors to make it solid.  Eventually I'll fill the holes with expanding foam to seal it off from the cold air.

I still need to add some more wires - BMS, Blue window, power, etc....

No comments:

Post a Comment