Monday, April 4, 2011

3 Inch Lift Update to front bracket

After getting advice from a guy on Bradley GT.com I decided to get rid of the brackets that I installed to marry the front end to the chassis.  If you remember adding that 3 inch lift moved everything up three inches and so the bracket didn't marry to the chassis like it had before, with an indentation to stop the chassis from sliding up and down. 
So I got my welder to add a 3 inch channel to the original so it would now be extended by 3 inches.
Here I just got finished grinding in a new circle shape so the bracket will marry to the chassis pipe.
Did the same on the bracket to the smaller bracket on the opposite side.

Now, it marries up and the possibility of sliding is much less.  Why go through this?  I'm adding 160 lbs of batteries to the front that will hang off the pipe that connects the front bumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment