Monday, March 14, 2011

Removing the Rat Nest!! Pre-EZ Wire

Just look at those wires!  OMG, I don't even know where to begin.  I'd pull out my hair - if I had any.  The rusty ground wires that I have noticed along the way..no wonder nothing works.
This is the Rat's nest.  The owner I bought the car from stated, "The guy I bought the car from said he had rewired the car - from what I saw, he had no business doing that!"  Wow, just look at this.

When I pulled the fuse panel, some of the ceramic fuse holder tabs were missing.  Some of the connections looked like the original 1967 wires.  Here's the answer - EZ Wiring.
Does this look neat or what?  I will have 21 fuses that are up to date, color coded and the function of each wire is printed on the wire every 5 inches.
Right now, I'm enjoying cutting out the old crap out to be too worried about putting in the new.  Check it out, the best place for a rat's nest is right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment