Thursday, August 2, 2012

New Water Cooling Adaptors for Soliton Jr Controller

As you may recall, I installed the EV Source water cooling kit for my new Soliton Jr Controller but the adaptors they sent didn't work, they were too fat to sit next to each other. I took the advice from DIYelectric car forum and ordered some 1/8 NPT X 3/8 barb, and a couple reducers - 1/2 barb X 3/8 barb.   I did notice a small leak from the radiator.  I had neglected to use some teflon tape when screwing the hose adaptors in, (these are the weak link in the system - a cheap plastic) once I fixed that I ran the system for about 10 minutes and everything seems to be good to go! Now I just need to secure the lines in place.  My biggest concern is the system might leak and spill onto/into the motor, which could possibly kill it.  That would be very, very bad!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment