Sunday, April 22, 2012

Baby Got New(er) Shoes!

OK, not really new but new to the Bradley.  Yes, I bought some used tires.  Why?  The tires that came with the Bradley were cracked on the tread.  Really, I mean cracked.  I've never seen cracked tires except at a junkyard.  I needed tires that weren't so wide, P235 60R16, the old ones were actually tearing into the fiberglass in the front when I made a sharp turn.  At $35 bucks each, I'm a happy camper.  The new size is P215 60R 16.  I did a quick test drive and they seem to be working just fine.
Some will say the 3 inch lift I installed makes the car look like a "monster truck."  I think that's absurd. This car wasn't meant to have large tires.


Electric cars aren't usually driven year round, unless you live somewhere warm in the winter, like Arizona.  These have enough tread to last a year or two.  Ideally, you should buy low resistance tires and over-inflate them.  On a fiberglass car, that translates into NOISE!!!  And that's with the Rammat that I installed way back when.

No comments:

Post a Comment