Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Seat Belts

Who buys a car without seat belts?  OK, I'm not the only one!  The guy that owned the car before me did as well - so there.  Safety First, besides it's the law. I bought these some time ago and they have been sitting around waiting for the right time.  I mounted the metal tab to one of the body/pan bolts.  Then mounted the triangular part to the area by small window where there's a sort of metal roll bar, and the last part went below the speaker.  I ended up having to use different lengths of bolts than what they provided.  The roll bar needed 7/16 3/4 inch and the bottom needed 7/16  X 1 1/2 inch with a fender washer on the inside.  Good thing the speakers were out so I could reach down and tighten those bolts. Too bad part of my speakers will be covered but, oh well, Safety first!  I still need to mount the part with the tab that buckles the belt but the bracket should make it easy to bolt it through the fiberglass pan with some large fender washers for support.

No comments:

Post a Comment