Thursday, December 9, 2010

Start, Stop on the Tranny Mounts

I have a great wife.  For my Birthday she bought me some insulated overalls and a nice heater to endure the cold in the garage.  Since we live in WA state, it can be pretty chilly in the Bradley garage.

I thought I'd take a whack at removing the transmission mounts but became convinced I needed to have the right tools first -- primarily the 27MM socket to remove the transmission cradle that it sits on.  As you will find in most EV blogs there's a lot of waiting around for parts to show up. 

Can you see the difference bewteen the transmission mounts, the one on your left is good, the one on the right however is pretty much gone.  This probably why the owner complained about the tanny not staying locked into 3rd gear. 
Next, I'm going to order the coil-over shocks for the rear.  The total amount of battery weight over the rear axle will be approx 224 lbs.  Not a huge amount but Charlie, the guy that's making my adaptor plate recommends this and Manny, on his blog, did the same. There's some wisdom there.

No comments:

Post a Comment