Sunday, October 16, 2011

New Transaxle/Old Problem

Pretty ain't it?
 Complete with new axles, this is a Freeway Flyer - it has taller gears for less RPMs at faster speeds. Even though Lowbugget screwed up and sent me the wrong transaxle to begin with, they did a bang up job of packing this one.  Before I dove in, I completely reviewed the DVD I got from the Bug Me video vol. 5.  One thing I noticed was the backup light switch was painted over, so I had to scrape off the paint for a good electrical connection.
Here are the new axles in place, that's after you wrestle with the spacer with a nub and the snap ring.  This did come with racers and bearings but did not come with a thro out bearing.  I took the new one I put on the old transaxle off and transferred it.
I couldn't wait to get the new baby in place.  I forgot how much work it is, my back is hurting.  Decided to call it a night and wait until the next day, after church to finish.

The next day, I put in the motor and got an old familiar noise when I stepped on the accelerator.  Grinding......OK, once again I had to get out the grinder and make way for a small rubbing problem.
You can see the spot in the upper left corner.  I thought that by upgrading to a 12V I wouldn't have this problem?  Well, at least it's fixed now.

If I can get the wheels on tomorrow, maybe I can take it for a spin before the snow comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment