Sunday, May 1, 2011

LED Part Two

The fuse panel that came with the EZ Wire kit only has the standard thermal flasher fuses.  You have to replace them with electronic fuses.  I got these from an auto parts store for $8 each.  Easy to pull and easy to replace. Mine used the 2 prong.

I found these cool halogen driving lights that I added to the front.  I'm guessing it's better to hook everything up now while I can.  What was odd when I went to drill the holes was there were holes there already.  Hmm...maybe some previous owner had them and took them off???

After I wired up the front lights, I started on the back.  The big red 70's school bus lights had to go.  I replaced with new 2010 big red school bus lights - they're round.  But first I had to take the old ones out and just look at this feat of engineering magic from the 70s.
I like the reflective metal to help enhance the luminosity.  Her's what you've wanted to see....
Yes, I painted the bucket a nice gloss black.  Does it remind you of Darth Vader's helmet?  The light looks a lot better.  One of the rebuilders on Bradley GT covered his set-up with the smoky glass.  I'm not into that just yet, besides, I want to get this thing running.

Heres' a shot of the passenger side bucket removed.  This is where the 12V battery is supposed to go.  Lots of room in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment