Monday, May 30, 2011

Headliner Wiring

Taking down the headliner was quite the experience.  Not only did I get dirt falling on me but I also got some pretty undesirable stuff as well.  Evidently I had a guest that decided to crap all over the inside of it.
If I catch that mouse.....it's gonna wish it was a lab rat!
Moving on, it appears there was a dome light at one point but not only was it removed, it was covered up with no apparent wiring left in sight.  There are no door jam switches either.  The main metal hardware was rusty.
A little bit of rustoleum should at least stop the rust for now.
The headliner fiberglass is pretty flimsy and thin.  There were no sunvisors and according to the original plans, there never were.  There isn't any room to install the usual type of visor, so I'll have to look for something more along the lines of a simple hinge operated visor that folds down and doesn't pivot.
I ran the dome light wire and a ground for the 3rd brake light in the back window.  The dome wire is supposed to run back to the GM headlight switch.
That's what it looks like without the headliner in place.  The foam layer on the headliner will have to be replaced, it has aged and is falling apart. I'll probably look for a gray fake leather to cover it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment