Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bleeding the Brakes

Finally, this is a pivotal point in the project.  After all the agony of dealing with bolt-on disc brake kits that were anything but bolt-on, emergency brakes that didn't quite fit, an ebrake handle that exploded, and a master cylinder that bled rust, new brake lines that kept getting delayed in being delivered, it all came together.

Of course when I went to grab my one-man bleeder kit the tube is way too small.  Off to the hardware store for yet another purchase. A 1/4 inside diameter tube seemed to work the best. The front and back bleeder bolts are different sizes.  The same tube would work, I just had to use an adjustable wrench. By the way, I bought a large bottle of brake fluid at WalMart for $4 and they wanted over $8 for the exact same thing at the hardware store. 

Now I had to persuade my lovely bride to once again help me out.  She had to lean into the Bradley, with the door open and push down, and up on the brake pedal when I would tell her.  Started in the back and eventually worked my way around to the front.  I did have a connection come loose which leaked some fluid but after some tightening, a little more bleeding, the lines firmed up and I could see the calipers working.  YeeHaw!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment