Friday, June 22, 2012

Same Problem w/Controller

Drove my Bradley to work yesterday morning.  Since my primary route is closed for construction - they are building a bridge, and the detour route has some very long gradual climbs, I'm left with plan C - the roads on the side of the freeway.  Why not take the freeway?  At 70 mph and several 6% hill grades I'd be crushed!!  (Remember, I can only pull 178 AH constant with this controller) This plan C is only a few miles longer and has speeds from 35 - 50 mph.  The hills are steep but not very long.

This takes about an hour driving time but I figure, hey I can drive my Bradley ....that makes for a good day!  : )

The drive to work was scenic and the controller performed very well. FYI - 45 degrees outside.  No incidents what so ever with the controller.

Coming home was a different story though.  FYI - 75 degrees. The controller continues to cut my amp draw, at random, to a max of 60.  When I say at random, I mean on a hill, on a flat road, at high speed or low speed.  And I don't mean all the time - this only occurred during the first 17 miles of my commute home, the remaining 14 were trouble free.  Sometimes I lift my foot off the pedal for a few moments and everything works again.  Other times I have to pull off the road and wait a few seconds then start to drive again.  All of my settings were changed back to the default settings, so I'm not sure what's going on.  I've sent a couple emails so hopefully I can get some assistance on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment