Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Open Revolt Controller

My new controller came in the mail today.  After a quick install, I was on the road.  The only difference is the M buss bar is in the back and not in the front with the B+ and B- connections.  This worked out well due to the way the controller is positioned, I didn't even need to find a longer cable to reach.  Another change, the controller turns on your contactor after an 8 second precharge.  Of course you have to remember to flip the switch to turn on the precharger first. Since I had previously put the contractor on a switch, this worked out well.  The sticker didn't come with it, I printed it out from the website and put it on with some clear packing tape. I think it looks cool!



The acceleration is good but I can tweek that later on.  I haven't dove into checking out the programming but so far so good.  I drove a few miles for a quick test drive.  Checked the heat on the bottom, yes, a little warm but that's to be expected.  I did set the controller on a heat sink with a fan going underneath.  Then went to the store to get some groceries.  Again, no problems.  Next will be a 55 mph test drive.  BTW, it's very quiet, unlike the squeeling Curtis.

Paul Mitchell put the thing together for me.  I believe he's out of Seattle, you can see his ad on DIYelectriccar formum or EV Trading Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment