Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wiring Fun Con't

I have been fighting this hazard light/turn signal dilemma for quite some time now.  WHY WON'T IT WORK??!!!  (Emphasis is intentional)

I have come to the conclusion that the steering column wiring is the culprit.  Why else would both turn signal indicators come on at the same time?  Why would the hazards work when one side is attached but not both?  It appears that voltage is leaking from one side to the other.  A quick check with the voltmeter proved this to be the case.   

Here's what's inside.....

I'm not handy enough to try and repair it and after a quick look on the internet for a replacement, it would also appear that it's not the 1967 steering column that came with the original chassis.  I'm posting the pict so the parts store can look at it and verify what the right replacement is.

Cip1, after  I sent a couple picts told me what the correct part was I needed to order.  Here's a pict of it going in.
Easy to install.  More wires that what I had before but most important it did fix the leaking voltage problem.

Apparently my steering column is from the 70's.

No comments:

Post a Comment