Wednesday, August 31, 2011

On the Road

Well, my vacation time is over and I have accomplished quite a bit.  I updated some previous posts but now I have seats, seat belts, wipers, title and license and have taken it on the road a few times for further testing.  I'm not happy with the transaxle.  But not having driven a VW before I really can't say if what I'm hearing is normal or not. It's loud, leaks at the axles and still slips out of third.  That will be a future tasking.

About the wipers, I continually had problems with the wiring until I finally pulled the motor from underneath the dash to see what I was dealing with.  Sorry, no picts, but someone really fracked this thing up when they wired it.  Basically all I could salvage was to hook it up to the switch and get on/off/one speed/no parking.  At least it's the fast speed.  Another thing I noticed on Bradley GT.com was some folks only use one wiper on their car.  This makes sense, the passenger gets a nice pretty view of two wipers. 

The wiring is still somewhat SNAFU.  It's due to the fact I'm using all LEDs.  No two LED functions can be on at the same time. For instance, parking lights and turn signals.  I've looked at a lot of articles and maybe it's a resistor problem.  I ordered some and they should be here soon.

As always...more to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment