Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Door Panels

After I put in some sound dampening material into each door, I then removed the brown door handles.  At some point someone had made a fake material based front for the panels.  It was moldy, smelly and old.  In the trash it went.  I used duct tape to seal the holes for the fake panel and then filled the holes with fiberglass repair material. Sanded it down, primer, then paint.  I think it's a big improvement.  Besides the mouse house is gone.
The original inside handles were supposed to be totally different from what is seen here.  I'm uncertain when the switch was made.  I notice a lot of Bradleys for sale that show the inside of the doors are often missing the panels.  Now I should look into putting some knobs on the handles, these are 3/8 of an inch.  I will also put in a long hang down strap to pull the door down after you slide in.

No comments:

Post a Comment