Sunday, May 13, 2012

GT I Electric?/Balancing Act

GT I Electric?
No kidding, the Bradley Company actually made one GT I all electric car.  I saw it on the Bradley GT site. See this thread
http://bradleygt.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1166

Balancing Act

The Bradley isn't balanced right as far as equal weight distribution.  Some folks have placed their 12V battery in the front of the car to help even out the load. One would think that the added weight of my lithium batteries in the front would overcompensate for the missing gas tank. But I noticed how the front tires seemed to not get the same traction as the back and on gravel, coming around a curve, it felt like I could lose traction all together.

I tried what others have done and added a dead 12V battery to the front.  At 38lbs, it seems to work quite well.  Notice I placed it on the chassis and not the battery box.  It doesn't interfere with the steering stabilizer.

Later, I decided to remove this battery as I didn't have a way to completely secure it and it got in the way of the steering stabilizer.


No comments:

Post a Comment