Saturday, March 31, 2012

Headliner

Finally got my headliner installed.  I had started on the thing quite sometime ago.  I added some foam insulation then covered with gray vinyl.  It's not perfect but it is functional.  Had a booger of a time trying to figure out what screws,sleeves I would use to mount it.  BTW, this thing goes in best if you go through the back window.  Trying to go in from either door will just frustrate you.


Not pictured are the door and back window pieces.  Some of the contact glue didn't hold very well.  Gorilla duct tape really does work wonders.

Secondly, I installed my wife's seat.  I was getting some nasty looks about that. I still have a little rat's nest of wiring to clean up but that's primarily because I haven't hooked up the heater, radio, and other stuff.  That will come later. 

I am driving it but the batteries are still sagging.  I did order some capacitors, 49 at 1,500uF 200vdc.  I found them on EBay for about $150.  That's only $3 per capacitor - very good deal!!  It should take up a 14X14 inch area that's about 4 inches deep.

I noticed that Jack Rickard who does the EVTV show believes in them, but he does a huge pack that can cost mucho dineros!!

No comments:

Post a Comment