Saturday, April 27, 2013

CB Performance Shift Coupler

I love it when someone comes up with a great idea to improve a part that drastically needs it.  The shift coupler on the VW Bug chassis just plain sucks.  I'll bet the original designer wishes they could take it back and replace it with something else.  I updated to a newer one about a year ago with fancy urethane blocks but it still had the same way to attach the coupler to the transaxle - a screw going into a odd shaped sleeve that doesn't fit any tool I own.  I had to make something special.  In order to install the new I had to take the old coupler out and that took the better part of an hour while I was bending over on my knees in a contortionist stance.  Installing the new coupler took less than 10 minutes and used tools that I own. Wow!! I'm digging this.

In addition my old coupler made a lot of noise, this one is very quiet.  Once again, CB Performance gets a thumbs up from me!



No comments:

Post a Comment